TuneList - Make your site Live

Sunday, January 30, 2011

Life after Child Loss


One thing I have learned after losing Caleb, is that my life is different. There is more anxiety. More uncertainty. More fear. I am less certain about things I thought I felt, and am filled with more fear that someone else that is held dear to me, could be gone at any time. Knowing that no day is ever promised is quite scary. But, more the reason to make each one worth it.


Losing my only son was hell. That's really the best way to put it. And it always will be. To lose your child is the worst nightmare anyone can go through. Now that I have had no choice but to crawl through this never ending grief, I know this for a fact:


I can make it through anything.


Whatever happens now, until the day that I die, I can do it. Because there is nothing, nothing worse than burying your child.


So, throw it at me, Life. Bring it on. Because I can do this.

2 comments: